Friday, September 02, 2005

Things Not to say...

For Guys...
"I would have invited you, but you're no fun"
"You don't need another pair of shoes"
"What's the big deal, you'll have another birthday next year"
"Are you sure that dress shrunk?"

Things You Should Never Say To A Judge
"You can't order me around. You aren't my momma!"
"I didn't rob anybody. The lady at the bank just gave it to me. All I said was, "I have some gum," and when I reached into my pocket to offer her a stick, she started putting money in a bag."
http://unsolvedmysteries.com/usm319427.html

Things You Should Never Say On A Date
"You're wearing 'that'?! "
"Something smells funny"
http://www.alovelinksplus.com/advice/things_never_say_date.htm

Things You Should Never Say in an Interview
"What does your company do?"
"My salary requirements are very flexible."
"Bill Gates himself offered me a $100,000 bonus."
“Sorry, I don’t know how to do that.”
“I left my last job because my boss was a real jerk.”
http://www.intekworld.com/Newsletters/vol3/5may04/interview.htm

Things you should never say if you are Dawn Wishon...
"man I really regret dropping that class now"

1 Comments:

Blogger ckjolly said...

hey ... it happens! at least you weren't at a table of your friends at dinner one night at a certain Christian college in Pensacola, Florida and you weren't trying to explain a conversation you had with a mutual friend. instead of calling it a discourse you didn't substitute the prefix dis- for inter- ...

yeah! talk about mortification. I stopped. Realized what I said ... although I had been "technically" correct

intercourse - n. Dealings or communications between persons or groups.

that didn't matter. i slowly stood up, picked up my dinner tray, walked away, and HID! It took me a day or two to look them in the eye again.

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home