Friday, March 31, 2006

Oh my gracious!

Can I just confess to all that I sinned today! I was not a good witness in the least bit!! This is how it all went down...

So, I show up at work, and I am in a pretty good mood. I am glad it's Friday, and more than anything it's now officially SPRING BREAK!!!!! So, I sit down, and things are going alright, and I wanted to show the other receptionist the beautiful artwork I did last night while I was here. (one of my hobbies is coloring) Anyway, she immediately stopped me and said to wait because someone complained!!! So, I was like what the heck?!?!?!?! I knew who it was and that was precisely the problem! He was here last night and has all the power to tell me what to do, after all he is my boss, but he said nothing. He was even talking to me about it and was really nice to me last night, (mind you for the first time since he's been here...And he managed to remember my name for the first time in thress months!) Anyway, so...The problem is this...Why is it ok for a particular other receptionist to do whatever the heck she wants to, but NOT OK for the rest of us to do what we want to. So...The point, I was asked to work every other weekend. Well, I can't because I work at the Hyundai store. So, this particular manager got mad at me, and needed something to pin on me so that was it! For real. There was another receptionist in this meeting who told me this, and I think it is ridiculous!!! They had a problem with me coloring, but they don't have a problem with this other girl (literally) coming in when she wants...Then taking personal phone calls all day long (on the business phone) but it is wrong for me to answer the phones every time they ring, do everything I am supposed to, and when I am not doing anything, it's wrong for me to color, (again, its ok for her to be late and take personal calls when she has a TON more responsibility than me!!!)

So, my sin...I don't remember the last time I got so mad I cussed...But I am sure it was here and I am sure that it was because of these stinkin managers. I am SURE of it. They aren't any help!!!! They treat you like crap, (especially if you are a receptionist (with the exception of the one) ) You don't really matter to them. All you are good for is to do everything they ask and make sure they have coffee. They never say please, they never say thank you. They just don't care. One of them finally learned my name (3 months later) Some don't know my name still, and I have worked every wed/thurs and fri for the past 3 months. If you do something wrong, you can pretty much guarantee that you will get your tail chewed out in front of everyone who can hear it!!! If there isn't anyone there, they'd probably wait til there was someone there just for the thrill of humiliation!!!! Anyway...Maybe its better explained in person, and there is much more, and where there really is no need for me to cuss in the first place, I did, and it wasn't like it was a bad bad word, but I still shouldn't have said it, and I should not have expressed my anger in that manner infront of my unsaved co-workers. YIKES! Talk about a bad witness for Christ. That is what stinks most!!!! Man, well. Let's just pray I can find another job. This one is just not working out. Every time I work its something new. Something else is wrong, something else is added to the pile of things that we (receptionists) have done wrong. Anyway...Thanks for letting me have a time of confession to you my friends....Please pray I have a better attitude while I am here at work...Thanks...

Dawn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home