Saturday, September 17, 2005

“He called me by name, and said unto me that he was a messenger sent from the presence of God to me, and that his name was Moroni;



I am going with a friend tonight to speak with a couple of Mormon missionaries. I am excited, yet nervous and anxious all at the same time. I am going to encounter the past and future at the same time. I am excited to be speaking with Mormons because I would love to just plant my self right in the middle of Salt Lake City, Utah. I am nervous though that I won't remember things, that I'll say the wrong things, or more importantly be so worry about it, that I won't listen to the things they are saying to me.

I do know that this is an amazing opportunity and I know this is going to allow me a little more opportunity to be around them. It has been a long time, but little by little, God is bringing them into my life.

Mormons are great people who live amazing, dedicated lives that I think in many ways put us, (namely me), to shame. I know while I was in SLC with Steven (Elder O'Driscoll) and his family after he returned from his mission, I fell in love with the family life of the Mormons. Their values and morals are amazing. There dedication to God is amazing. Their faith is amazing. I just wish they could see that Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to THE heaven. I wish they understood that God was always God, not some human who had "made his way up the chain" and achieved perfection. He was always perfect, he always has been perfect, he always will be perfect. God does not change. He is omnipotent, omnipresent, all-powerful, all-loving, just, Lord, GOD, Jehovah, I AM, the beginning, the end, Alpha, Omega. What an amazing God we serve. Why should we serve someone who at one time was just like us. Imperfect, selfish, unloving. We know ourselves and our sinful nature, why would we trust someone like us?

Please pray for me as I go...Please pray for the LDS church. They need Jesus. They understand the concept of Christ and his work on the cross, but salvation through Christ is very works based. Does the LDS church believe in eternal security...huh? Something to ponder...

I'll munch on that...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home