Sunday, November 06, 2005

Waiting patiently with doubts

So I began thinking a lot this weekend, about what the Lord might have for me. We had a young adult retreat this weekenf and our speakers spoke a lot about dating and marriage. I thought long and hard about what they talked about. I realized that I know and understad all that. I just can't apply it all until I start dating someone and get married. Then the thought crossed my mind, what if I never get married?Do I feel called to celibacy? No. Do I feel like I will have a choice? No. and again, I don't think I understand why God made guys so visual, and myself so unpleasent to look at. I know what the Bible says about the way we see ourselves, and how we should be more concerned about winning them over by our humbleness and sweeet spirit. However, I feel like they won't look past the physical. You have to look at the outside first to see the inside. Anyway, I guess it's just a matter of me getting used to being single, and continuing to be contenet with that. I am ok if God calls me to singleness bu t I only feel like I am going to be single because of my looks. AH, I guess I really shouldn't be posting this on here. Someone might read think I am absolutley pitiful. I am just so sick of being the girl that guys talk to relationships with other girls instead of a relationship with me. I am always that girl who gives the guys all the advice in the world, however, none of them actually want to pursue me. Maybe one day...as for right now...I will continue to do what I am doing, Pursuing my God and my King, and maybe one day he will provide a husband for me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

GIRL! I WAS "Dear Abby" when I was in college. Guys constantly came to me for insight about their girl issues. I was a pal ... one of the guys. None of them ever thought of me as a "potential" ... which was great ... until a guy comes along and it seems like all the pieces in the puzzle fit ... to you, anyway, he? he's completely clueless. So you're stuck being his chum. Which drives you NUTS! Today I look at it as a safety mechanism God has instilled. He's saving you and I for the right guys. Do you have a desire for marriage? I think that desire was given to you by God ... don't write Him off just yet. You're not 26 yet ... oh, wait, that's just me.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

As I strill try to find contemptness in my singleness I am seeing one pattern is that the closer I draw towards god the more my wants in a potential woman changes. It becomes more about the inner and less about the outer. I guess I am just very picky. But outside of that it is hard at times to just let things be and have faith and let God run his course for our lives.

10:33 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Thanks...I am trying to see past my self centeredness. I know I need to focus on God. He knows what he's doing. I am one of the guys and it does drive me nuts if and when I am actually interested in them. I am like "hello...you want a girlfriend...I am everything you've just described...I want a boyfriend, and you are everything I could describe so what's the problem?" Its frustrating. Whoever I marry will be amazing.It's obviously n ot those other guys other wise something would have worked out. PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE!

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home