Friday, September 23, 2005

I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse.

One of the many loves in my life is Walt Disney. Mickey Mouse, Goofy, Donald, the whole gang...and any of those wonderful animated films...Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty, all those movies that leave a little girl waiting for her "Prince Charming" and singing, "Some day my price will come."

These songs and stories warm my heart, all of them from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, the first full length animated film made in 1937, all the way through Atlantis, Lelo and Stich, and others.

Walt Disney was an amazing, brilliant man, and it saddens me that I will never meet him. I would love to be able to tell him how much he impacted my life through Disneyland, and all his wonderful friends that early in my life became my closest friends.

I remember riding on a majic carpet and making 3 wishes because I found a majic lamp and a Genie to go with it. I remember running through the plains of Africa with Nala and Simba, while Zazu watched from overhead. I remember swimming through the ocean looking for fun human stuff with Ariel and remember the ground I convered while I helped Marlin look for Nemo, (so what that I was 21...the poor clown fish needed help...Dory...well she suffers from short-term memory loss) It was a doosey going through those Jelly-fish, and oh man...I've never heard a fish speak whale before. The EAC was the BEST...anyway...

I also took a trip to Hawaii where I met Lelo and Stich. Stich was an odd character but very easy to get along with.

I think the fondest memory I have is helping Chip and Dale to annoy Donald Duck...man is he funny when he gets angry.

Goofy and I went skiing and took driving lessons together...(he's not very good at either one, but very fun to watch while he tries)
Mickey and Minnie are some of my closest friends...we go on picinics, ice skating...they took me on their boat (can you believe they still have that old thing?) Pluto is so much fun...he likes to get Mickey's paper every morning. Who ever thought a mouse would have a dog for a pet?
One Christmas Mickey actually cut down Chip and Dales tree, and Pluto found them...I guess he didn't recognize them because he chased them all over the house. They didn't give him much reason not too either.

Anyway, I have many fond memories with this gang. I am sure I will have many more. What memories do you have...we were all friends...

1 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Ooops ya mispelled the first Wlat Disney....you said Walk :) s'ok we still know what ya mean!

7:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home