Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Amazing!

I am so often encouraged by the classes I have here at Boyce College. I am encouraged by the Word of God, and by the many men whom God has entrusted to teach his word. Today was one of those days that I left speechless, and motivated to make something more of this so called Christian life of mine. We were talking about the many men and women who have given their lives for the sake of the cross, many dying at the hands of malicious leaders like Nero. You know Nero set Christians on fire and hung them from walls to light his runken parties!!!??? I bet he's wishin he hadn't of done that now!! Anyway, we talked about percecution and martyrdom most of the class period, and I just ldn't help to notice my Savior pulling on my heart strings, "go a little farther, trust me farther, even if it leads to death, and persecution. I love you. I died for you. I conqured death so that you could have life!" Its amazing to put all of that into perspective, and realize that you serve a living God!!! This reminds me of an amazing song that says, "I serve a risen Savior, not a peasant in a grave, and he did me a favor with my soul, he chose to save. Now I'll live forever, with Jesus I will reign, BECAUSE THE BLOOD OF THE LIVING LAMB NOW FLOWS THRU MY VIENS" I am his, and he is mine and I will reign forever with him. There is nothing in this world that can touch my soul. Someone might remove my body and think he has won, but there is neire death, nor life, nor present nor future, not depth, nor height, that can separate me from my Christ!!! I want to live that life that says hey, "do what you want with the old raggedy body of mine, but know that there is nothing you can do to separate me from Christ."

1 Comments:

Blogger The McMichaels said...

How true! How true! I'm longing to be in closer fellowship with Christ. I feel so far away right now and just long to be on fire again. Anyway, your post motivates me!

9:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home