Saturday, January 27, 2007

where has all the time gone?

I am here at work among all the hustle and bustle of a car dealership on a Sat afternoon. I started to think about how fast we live life. We are in such a big hurry, and often times to go absolutley NOWHERE! Its amazing. We hurry and get done with one thing in order to move on to the next, and then hurry with that, and then on to the next, and so on and so forth. When we stop to think about what we have done for the day, or for the week, we think "Wow! Where on earth did the time go?" I guess its not a matter of what amount of time we are given, or even the circumstances of the time, but what matters is what we do with that time. I have been in college since the Spring of 2002, and I am getting ready to graduate in May of 2008. If you calculate the years, I earned a 4 year degree in 6. At first glance you think, "that's a long time!" But as I look back, its really no time at all. What have I done with that time? What can I do with the time that comes from this present time forward?

I am trying to plan for the next couple years, where I am going to live, job possibilities, paying back school loans; I even started thinking about how I was going to deal with the future death of family members, and so on and so forth. I find that I can never fully prepare for any of these things. My biggest fear is having to do it alone. I keep planning as if I was going to have to live out the rest of my life by myself. It's scary, and although I know that God is going to help me, and strengthen me, and provide for me through those things, I still have a hard time thinking about it.

I guess my mind is wandering around and around and I am allowing myself to be overwhelmed by things I can't control or manage or keep from happening. I can just trust in the Word of the Lord when He says that he cares for the birds and the trees, and all living things, but my value to him is much, much more, so I need not worry about anything. He is my strength and my portion forever.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kristy said...

Time? Time is a crazy thing, I ask myself that question all the time. anyways just wanted to tell ya that I love ya and that I'm hopefully coming over to your house this afternoon. talk to ya later kid

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that really encouraged me, Dawn!! Thanks!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home