Monday, December 04, 2006

"Guess what? Big news..."

Can I just say that I am not sure that I like the new Blogger/Google marriage! Its frustrating. I guess...I may not know how to use it right yet I guess...

Anyway, so speaking of marriage...it seems like everytime I get on facebook or check blog accounts everyone seems to have "BIG NEWS". Lately I don't even need to hear what "the big news" is in order to know "the big news". I am not against marriage in anyway. I want to get married. I just can't seem to understand where this epidemic of relationships came from. One minute everyone I know is single, and we are pineing for the day that we'd "have big news" or find "the one" and the next minute, they've all left me by myself with books that are supposed to help me be patient. "I Kissed Dating Good-Bye" "Lady in Waiting" "Finding the Love of Your Life" "Bondage of the Will" -- oh wait wrong catagory...the title fit...

I have a decision to make at this point. As I am choked on the dust of those who have left me behind I can choose to continue to be patient, or I can choose to wallow in the midst of jealousy, envy, self-pity, and all the other things that I and probably many others face while there friends go off and find prince Charming, or Princess whoever...I want to choose to be happy for the MANY friends who have gotton engaged in the past month, and I am, but I can't help but wonder if there is something wrong with me. Why I am always the girl that the guys ask advice from about another girl, but I am never the girl. (there's the self-pity...try again)

I am happy for all my friends, I am just scared that when my big news comes, if it ever will...there won't be anyone there to share it with. The number of close friends dwindles as they are one by one fading away into engagements, wedding plans, weddings, and for some, family. Babies, nursuries, toys, and pre-k occupies the time that was once spent going out to lunch or driving to DQ for ice cream. Life is passing me by. What do I do with it. I am called to a life of servanthood to Christ. I need to do my best to serve him because when it is all said and done HE IS ALL I NEED! I don't need all those other things, nice as they would be, I don't need them. I am to seek HIS KINGDOM AND HIS RIGHTEOUSNESS first, and all other things will be added to them. Use my time wisely, waiting each moment for the plan God has for me because HE knows what is best.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I like the new look! And, what are you talking about??!?!?! I know that the "Close Friends" list is dwindling, but I still better be on it!!!!!

oh yeah.....I have some "news"







sike. ;-)

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home