Saturday, November 11, 2006

Ever had one of these days?

So, I was thinking that I consider myself a pretty up beat, fun girl. I am in a good mood the majority of the time, kinda like, say... Elmo! Elmo is a good guy! He likes to laugh! (Hence the "tickle me Elmo!) Anyway, this provoked thoughts on grouchiness. As Christians we have a greater hope that excludes grouchiness. You'll find, like Elmo, that we aren't cut out for grouchiness...(It's at these times I wish I new how to import music into my blogs...)

Elmo is talking with Grizzy and Grouch:

Grizzy: Elmo, what do you think it takes to be a grouch?

Elmo: Well, Elmo could sing about it!

Grizzy: I can't wait to hear this...(no enthusiam...)

Grouch: This could be a mistake!!

(Song)

Elmo: If you wake up in the morning mean and grumpy, and you frown at everybody that you see (Blleeeaahhh) (Grizzy): and if you like your oatmeal nice and cold and lumpy, then you're a grouch like me. If you love it when it's wet and cold and rainy, and the music that you like is all off key (la la la) Elmo: and your happiest whenever you're complaining, then you're a grouch like me (and Grizzy) If you hate it when your grandma kisses you (muuuah) you know what? Elmo too! Grizzy: If you LOVE to watch a garbage truck roll by, you know what kid? So do I! Elmo: And if you think that great big pile of trash is pretty (Grouch: pretty awful) Grizzy: and that ice cream is as yucky as can be (Elmo: yuck! yuck! yuck!) Grouch: If you just can't stand a cuddly little kitty, then you're a grouch like me (and Oscar!)

Grizzy, Elmo, and Grouch resume talking:

Grizzy: Elmo, I think you are getting the hang of it, but I don't think you could be a grouch.

Elmo: Why not?

Grizzy: Well look at ya! You're so sweet and cute, and...Oh Oscar look at this he's dancing!

Oscar: He's dancing!?

Grizzy: Yeah! Dancing!!

Oscar: Stop Dancing!!

(singing) And if you think that great big pile of trash is pretty, and and that ice cream is as yucky as can be, and if you just can't stand a cuddly little kitty Grouch: and you'd like to chase it up the nearest tree (elmo: Oscar!!) Then you're a grouch like me!

Elmo: Oscar, what did you think of Elmo's grouchiness?

Oscar: Why, it was AWFUL!

Elmo: Thank you Oscar! A grouch like Elmo! Have a rotton day!

Oscar: Now that's my boy!

Like Elmo I find after hearing this song that I too am not good at being a grouch! I love cuddly kitties and I can't stand the site of trash!! As Christians we are to end up like Elmo (awful at being grouchy!!) We are called to enjoy abundant life through Christ, and that doesn't include grouchiness!! We shouldn't be "happiest when we're complaining" We should be happiest when we are enjoying the life that God so graciously gave! I hope all of you have a rotton..I mean great day!!! )hehehe

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Geeky Dawn strikes again!! I love you!! And your blog was hilarious!

8:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home