Wednesday, October 25, 2006

I've traveled the East coast....

I just want to say that it was so nice to have some time to myself, driving all over the east coast. Just me, my car, and some well overdue time with the Lord. It all started Thursday morning at 4:30 AM. I got up and got ready to begin my trip to Knoxville, TN. I loaded up my car and was on the road by 6 AM. I was finally on my way to see my wonderful friend Lee, who has been in China for months! It was so good to see him and catch up. After a full day in Knoxville, I was on the road again. I made my way down to Toccoa to see my dad and my brother. We caught up a little, was in bed by 11, and I was up again at 3:30 Am to make my way to Richmond, VA. On the way, I locked my keys in my car (again...) And so I was and hour late for the rehearsal lunch. It was sooo great to see Jaimeson and Wes. I haven't seen them in forever, and I was so glad to be a part of their wedding. Next, I got Betsy. SOO great to see her too. We went to the Rehearsal, and then decorated for the reception...(keep in mind, at this point I have been awake since 3:30 that morning) by the time we were finished and getting into bed it was 2:30 AM THE NEXT MORNING!!! We were up the next day at 8:30 getting ready for the big day!! YAY!!! The wedding was beautiful and I didn't fall or trip like I thought I was going to. It was awesome. I was really nervous. I really thought I was going to throw up right before. I thought I was going to ruin Jaim's wedding by falling down the aisle instead of walking. Anyway...it was soooo much fun. That night, Betsy and I did something we LOVE to do. We watched Gilmore Girls until 1 in the morning...or at least I did. Betsy was out by 11. The next day, I said my good-byes to Bets, and was on my way to Lynchburg, VA. I was able to see old friends. It was so great. Then Monday morning I was on the road again back to good ole Louisville, KY! Man, I did a lot of driving. It was so great though. I wanted some time to spend with the Lord, and just think through some things that were on my heart. It was nice to get peace about things, and direction about others. Anyway, I guess this is long enough...Hope you all have a great day!

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

sounds like a lot of fun!!! How about we get together for some coffee at the beginning of next week? i'm sorry but I have to work on getting completely moved out of the apartment this weekend and setting stuff up at the condo so that it's easy to clean since Charlie's sick and stuff....grrr..

8:41 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm not kidding anymore.....update.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home