Tuesday, October 31, 2006

why I enjoy a journal (blog)

I found this previous post, and was so encouraged. I am in this situation now, and I am thankful that my heart hasn't changed. I am so thankful that when we are obedient to God, and take the things that he does in our lives seriously only blessings can be given.

Something Happened...but what: Written Feb. 11, 2006

So, as many of you know I have been praying about a certain relationship situation, and as I have been praying the more content I have been with settling for God's will and not my own. So as I am thinking about this to myself...

"Hey Dawn!" (God says), what if this is not who I have for you? Will you still be content with my will?"

"Well, sure. I mean I will be kinda disappointed, but you know what my future holds and I can only see what's happening now."

"How patient are you willing to be, as I unfold the plan I have for you?"
"Well Lord, you created me, which means you are very well informed of my impatience."

"You really need to work on that."

"I know..." (shamefully)

"But will you be ok with this not being the guy?"

Knowing that no matter what answer I give, God will do what he is going to do, but I know that what God is saying is "Are you going to be ok with just me?"

As I sit and think that the number decreases of the number of single friends I have, this question becomes something I face every day. "Dawn, are you ok with just me?" I know that God is doing something awesome in my life. There may, or may not, be someone amazing out there for me. However, I believe that either way I have to be content with Christ. He is looking for me to be content and satisfied with him in order for him to allow me into the arms of another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home