Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Shaken?

Tonight after work some co-workers and I were discussing some pretty tough issues pertaining to salvation, eternal security and mainly baptism. I was discouraged the longer we talked because I didn't feel like I was saying the right things, and when I was asked to prove something from scripture I couldn't. It was something I felt like I should know. I wasn't asked to list and explain the 5 points of Calvinism for Pete's sake! I was just asked to show him why I believed in a believers baptism! I have sat in class after class where this arguement has been discussed! This should have been cake!!! Being extremely vulnerable at the point I broke down crying. One of the people I was talking to said I was crying because I was questioning everything I was ever taught, and I proceeded with the following, (this is actually kinda funny) I said, "I am not crying because I am questioning my beliefs! I know what I believe and I believe it with all my heart! I know its in there! I am crying because I have spent almost 6 years in BIBLE COLLEGE and I have nothing to say! I just wasted like 12,000 dollars or something!" We all laughed...agreed to disagree...called it a night and decided to talk about it more later! It was actually kinda funny. I am glad that I know them and they know me as well as we do! Thank goodness for opportunities of humbleness! I think sometimes being a Bible College, or Seminary student we get prideful. "I'm in Bible College so I know more (or better) than you" or some variation of that. I know I did at the very beginning because I didn't even know that this guy was a Christian. I "thought" I had the upper hand. He pulled out the big guns and definitely sunk my battleship.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch.

Are you coming tomorrow for Gray's Anatomy and food????? You BETTER!!!!!

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home