Saturday, December 09, 2006

Dawn...(you fill in the blank)...

Here lately everything that has gone in that blank has been negative. I don't understand what it is that I am supposed to do for people to like me. I don't act like someone I am not. I am not overbearing or judgmental. I feel like I get along with most people, yet I find myself with out a lot of people to hang out with, and when I was at work today, I opened the drawer of my desk where all our phone numbers are listed and under my name "sucls". I haven't done anything. I couldn't help but to feel hurt. During the past week I've been called "ugly", "uneducated", "unimportant", and so on and so forth. At least those things were said to my face. I don't know if I need to change something or what. I understand that I am not gonig to be friends with everybody, but I don't get what it is about me that makes people say all these awful things to me lately. I am trying really hard to overlook it, but as I have been called ugly, I don't want to eat anymore and it takes 3 times longer for me to get ready to go anywhere. In being called unintelligent, I want to quit school 2 semesters before I graduate. I understand that that is allowing what those people say to control my life, and I shouldn't do. I am thankful that some of these thoughts come and go and I never actually act on them. I just don't understand what the deal is with people saying these awful things about me and to me. I may never understand. Anyway, that's the thought for the day...sorry its on a down note...

4 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

My dear Dawn...

You are a beautiful, intelligent, amazing woman of God and I love you friend.

Remember what HE says about you...

Psalm 139: 13-18
For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body.
All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them! Were I to count them,they would outnumber the grains of sand. When I awake, I am still with you.

and...

Psalm 45: 10-12
Listen, O daughter, consider and give ear: Forget your people and your father's house. The king is enthralled by your beauty; honor him, for he is your lord. The Daughter of Tyre will come with a gift, men of wealth will seek your favor.

The best thing I have learned in the last few years is that no one elses opinion matters...not even your family and friends...just HIS and he thinks you are magnificent...HE CREATED YOU and HE LOVES YOU very much.

Dawn...you are great!

Christy

12:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Give me the name of the person that said those things to you and I will make sure that an "accident" will befall him!!! No, that wouldn't be good. But he needs to PAY!!!! once again, my rage is getting in the way.

Dawn, you are incredible and you need to listen to Christy and realize that you are listening to the wrong voice.

I love you!!! You are SMART, BEAUTIFUL, FUNNY, EDUCATED, GIVING and SWEET!!!!!

talk to you later!

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

on a side note....what you've been told to your face and what's been put down in that drawer is incredibly unprofessional and sounds like harassment to me. If this is the same person as before; you've already spoken to him once. I would report him to your manager. He needs to understand that his behavior is unacceptable.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Kristy said...

You can't believe what others say, that say things because they aren't happy with themselves or they want to blame someone else for how they feel, I have had those type of experiences too and I just pray for them, they need it. Anyways you are an awesome person so don't let these people get you down. Thanks about how God feels about you, He's opinion is truly the only one that matters,
Love Ya

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home