Sunday, August 26, 2007

previous post...being re-posted

This is a reminder to myself...and hopefully an encouragement to you!

"Whether or not a guy (person) likes you is not a measure of your worth"

This was some very encouraging advice given by an amazing brother in Christ. If my worth does not come from another person who does it come from? This is an easy head concept, but what of the heart? If you are human, you struggle with this concept! As believers we can say all day long that our worth is in Christ. However, how often does that go from our head to our heart? In my case, not often enough. Our worth comes from the Holy One. The creator of the universe!! His love for me has never been so real as I read this passage of scripture.Isaiah 43

1.But now, THUS SAYS THE LORD, your CREATOR, O Jacob, and he who formed you, O Israel. "Do not fear, for I HAVE REDEEMED YOU; I have called you BY NAME; YOU ARE MINE!"

How amazing that God takes such possession over the ones whom he has created. For those who think that God created the universe and all of creation and then just left it...this throws that idea straight out the window!! It even says "Thus says the Lord, your CREATOR"...then proceeds to say "YOU ARE MINE!!" How amazing!

2. "When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they will not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be scorched, nor will the flame burn you."

3. "For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, YOUR SAVIOR; I have given Egypt as your ransom, Cush and Seba in your place.4. "Since YOU ARE PRECIOUS IN MY SIGHT, since you are HONORED and I LOVE YOU I will GIVE OTHER MEN IN YOUR PLACE AND OTHER PEOPLES IN EXCHANGE FOR YOUR LIFE."

How awesome is that? God says "I love you so much that I am willing to sacrifice the lives of others in order to protect and save you."Where does my worth come from? A Holy God who would give other people in exchange for my life. He created me for his glory (v7) and I have no Savior besides Him (v 11). There was no one before him, nor will there be anyone after him. He is GOD, and there is no one who can take me away from Him. He loves me and I am His! (vs 1, 10, 12, and 13)

You are more beautiful than anyone ever.
Every day you're the same,
you never change, no never.
How could I ever deny the love of my Savior?
You are to me everything, all I need forever.
How could you be so good?
There is no one like you.
There has never, ever been anyone like you.
Everywhere You are there earth or air surrounding
I'm not alone the heavens sing along
My God You're so astounding
How could You be so good to me
Eternally I believe that
There is no one, no one like You
There has never ever been anyone like You
Artist: Barlow Girl

"...Before me there was no God formed, And there will be none after me. I, even I, am the Lord,
and there is no Savior besides me...Even from eternity I AM HE.."
Isaiah 43:10-11, 13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home