Monday, November 14, 2005

The Wonderful Word!

I was reading my wonderful Bible last night in Jeremiah, and read this passage on repentance. I came to the conclusion that there was a lot of sin in my life that I needed to repent of. I am so eager to pray for other people and their needs, which I think is good, however, I have to be concerned about the sin in my own life. I was so thankful for what I learned from Jeremiah last night. The Lord says that he will not stay angry forever as long as we admit our transgressions. When we admit those things we will be forgiven.

In the sermon yesterday, the pastor talked about the anger of God, and the fear of God. In an instant the holy Spirit has illumined me that unrepentant sin and the anger and fear of God all ties in together. Sin makes God angry, and we should fear him, respectfully, knowing that it is by his grace that we are saved and can be forgiven.

After repenting of sin we can bask in the mercy and forgiveness of God. Not forgetting, however, that there are consequences for sin and God is just. He does forgive, and we can be thankful for that.

3 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

We had a seromon a few weeks ago about repentance. It is so very deep and after getting a glimpse of a true repentance, many of us left very convicted. I am still trying to find the right way in roder to repent.

BTW, which passage from jeremiah were you reading?

2:02 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I was reading...Jer 3:12-13

"'Return faithless Isreal;' declares the Lord; 'I will not look upon you in anger. For I am gracious', declares the Lord. I will not be angry forever...

"only acknowledge your iniquity, that you have transgressed against the Lord your God."

Also, Jer 3:25

"Let us lie down in our shame, and let our humiliation cover us; for we have sinned against the Lord our God...And we have not obeyed the voice of te Lord our God."

Those are just the verses that stuck out to me that allowed me to acknowledge my sin, and turn from it. I had realized my unfaithfulness to Christ, yet again, and I realized that I wanted to have a longing desire for Christ that I haven't had in a long time...I have tried to be faithful in my thoughts about him. But I have not been faithful in studyng the Word, and realized I had taken advantage of the fact that God speaks directly to me in His word, I just have to read and listen...

6:10 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Wow I read all of chapter 3 and it was loaded, that's alot to take in. Most definatly thanks for sharing that one.

8:35 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home