Friday, November 25, 2005

1 month til Christmas!

Well, Turkey Day is over...now we start Christmas. My favorite holiday ever. I really love this season between and including Thanksgiving and Christmas. I love Christmas trees and Christmas Carols. I love all the lights, the cold weather, the snow. I love the egg nog and pumpkin pie. I mostly love the thought of sharing the holidays with my family. This year is kinda slim, but I know I will love every second of it. I spent Thanksgiving with my mom and my brother, and I will spend Christmas with my dad and my brother. Thanksgiving was great. I am glad my mom was able to KY and see where I live, and work, and meet the many people that I spend my life with. This Christmas will be a little harder though. We normally spend Christmas in Colorado with the rest of my family, but we are unable to go this year. We'll have fun, just the 3 of us, but I will miss seeing my family.

Family is one thing that is most important to me. The longer I am in the state of Ky by myself the harder it gets. I have been blessed however by the Watts' and the Neals' who have greatly made me feel apart of their family. Even though in Christ we truly are family, they also temporarly fill that void, and emptiness I feel being away from my real family. Diana always gives me that tough love that I need, she is honest and sincere and always tells me what I need to hear. Kyle, who is almost exactly like my own father, never fails to make me feel just as loved as his own 2 daughters whether it's a great big hug at church first thing, or by picking on me until I can't stand it anymore. Kristin is my close in age sister I have always wanted. I love our times of staying up late and talking. I love that she encourages me and looks out for me. I absolutly adore her enthusiam that she has for Christ, and her passion for what she wants to do in the future. Kasie...well...she and I don't see each other very much, but I still love her very much. Kasie and I tend to give each other a hard time about things. She's always on the run, and maybe one day she and I will both slow down long enough to get to know each other like I would like. Ty seems more like the big brother I've always wanted. He looks out for me and always seems to know what kind of mood I am in. He always knows what to say and when to say it. Angie, like Diana, continues to teach me about life. She is kind and gentle, and takes every advantage to teach me another one of life's lessons. Tatum, Kenzie, and Ian are like the baby sisters and brother that I've always wanted. I have always wanted really little brothers and sisters to look out for and spoil and have fun with. I love being around Tatum and Kenzie, and looking intheir eyes and seeing that I have made at least some sort of impact on their life. I love how Kenzie gets so excited to tell me funny stories, and I love watching her laugh as she is telling me. I love when Tatum just loves on me. I could just love on her all day. She is only 7, but she has said things to encourage me that have blown me away coming from a 7 year old. I admire also her love for her family. Ian isn't that old, but my heart fills with joy every time he smiles at me. He reminds me in his own little way of how precious life is.

I am so thankful for these people and I praise the Lord that He has placed them in my life. I know he will bless them for all that they do!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!!!! How was Sunday at Taylorsville? Hope you had a great weekend I'll see you when I get home tonight. love you!

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home