Saturday, November 19, 2005

Butterfly Response

I have had many people ask me this week about who the lucky guy was that was causing the fluttering in my stomach. I still have yet to cave and I will not cave. I have been tempted to cave, however, when I think about what might possibly happen if I caved...it helps me to be strong!

The next reponse was "you haven't met him yet?!" Due to the last statement in that entry. I think I was just typing there. I definitly know who this person is. I have talked with him and I have spent time with him in many different situations. He is amazing to his family and friends. He is very active in his church and takes as many evangelistic opportunitiesas he can. He has a heart of gold. I think what I struggle with most is that I want someone exactly like my dad. He is very close, closer than any guy I have ever met. He is encouraging, faithful, loyal, loving, supportive, strong, helpful, kind, caring, generous, attractive, and the list goes on. Anyway, all that to say this: Disregaurd that last stament about me meeting him one day. I already know him. I might have been thinking if it wasn't who I want it to be, then maybe one day I will meet someone exactly like him.

Anyway, I am glad that my friends are interested in who I am inquiring about, however, I am still going to keep my lips zipped. I have a time limit on it. If nothing becomes of it by March then I am officially going to let it go. I am praying about this and praying that God would guard my heart and his. I am praying that God would continue to use him and guide him. I pray that we would be praying about our futures and bring us together if that be the case.

Please keep praying for me, and asking about this. It will help me to continue to keep my heart guarded.

6 Comments:

Blogger ckjolly said...

my heart aches for you. those butterflies soon turn to bees if one hides those types of feelings and doesn't see them become a reality. keep your relationship with him in open hands lifted up to Father. never clench your fist over the friendship you have with him. sigh. praying for you.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

What are you saying...that I shouldn't keep my feelings to myself? I am really confused. What do you mean by seeing them become reality?

5:10 PM  
Blogger ckjolly said...

no no ... i'm saying that if you let these hidden feelings build up in your mind ... sometimes these "wants" become "expectations." and if the expected doesn't become a reality ... bitterness steps in, even if the guy has done nothing to deserve it. How many girls have I known that ended up detesting the guy who once was the only image their eye ever wanted to behold?! Only because he didn't "like her back." If you have a friendship with this gentleman, which is what he seems to be from your description, keep it lifted up to the Lord with open hands. Don't let that desire become a demand. Now do you understand?

8:25 PM  
Blogger Dawn said...

Yeah...that's kinda what I am saying. I usually feel that way when I tell people who I like. I really don't have any expectations of this person at all. If it happens, it happens. If it doesn't it, it doesn't and I will be ok with that. So far, I feel better not talking to anybody about who it is, or why, because then it doesn't become a big deal, and people don't pick on me about it or whatever. I just like it not being a big deal. I don't think about it as much.

8:34 PM  
Blogger ckjolly said...

you've been on my heart a lot lately, dear friend. i've been praying for you and for myself as I have seen areas in my own life that needed to be turned back to God. as you have described him, is a godly man. but that doesn't mean that you don't set boundaries around yourself as you interact with him ... for the sake of your own heart and for the sake of his testimony. if he is a friend and has not said that he desires otherwise that is how you must behave toward him. when God gives you the opportunity to spend time with him ... think to yourself ... is this something that i would do with him if i was married to someone else. If that is not the case ... set up that boundary ... because until he has laid out his intentions towards you ... you are only his friend.

How many godly guys out there have "un-girlfriends"?!! They enjoy their company and the attention ... all the perks of having a girlfriend ... just without the making out and commitment. Don't fall into that trap, Dawn. If you show yourself to be a woman of principles ... the right guy will respect you sooo much. And if the "apple of your eye" is the right guy ... you will build your relationship on safe, godly principles.

Don't let your crush take over your intellect.
While your heart is in the hands of the Father, you still hold the power of who you give your love to. Guard it for the right one who is intentional.

1:59 PM  
Blogger ckjolly said...

how's your heart?

2:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home