Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Update

First, I would like to apologize to all of my faithful readers. All 2 of you! (If there I more again, I apologize). I have been so busy this month and have neglected to keep up with this silly thing. Sorry, so here it is a month worth of updates...

First, I went to Georgia to spend Christmas with my dad and my brother. I was awesome. It was really busy. I worked a lot with them and we had banquets and conferences, and hundreds of people to feed almost everyday!

We had an ice storm. 2 days we went without electricity, and heat, and hot water. We were surrounded by iced over falling trees hoping that they wouldn't fall on our house. It all started early on Thursday Morning...6 am...(I know this already sounds false because I said I was up at 6 am. Well I was...so there!) Anyway...I was freezing and it was pitch black. I went back to sleep knowing that it would be back on by the time I woke up. I woke up again around 8:30 and it was still off. Now I knew something was wrong. GA Power was always good to get our power back on quickly. Little did I know that they had already been working for hours all over North GA because of the power outage caused by this unexpected ice storm. My dad and I dressed and began helping our maintenance crew cut and remove the trees from ice covered conference center. The faster we moved them the faster they fell. Finally we realized after almost get hitting by one, that it was time to head south for the winter. Before doing so we made soup and corn bread for our volunteer fire fighters who were helping our city remove all the mess. The next day we decided to head to South carolina for the day because we were still w/out. We kept ourselves busy and then finally, around midnight, we had heat and power. Dad and I had sat on the couch under layers of blankets and we were thankful when we were able to begin the process of heating up! All this in the span of one week.

Christmas was good. Lots of good gift giving. I loved it. I bought my brother something he liked...miracles always happen at Christmas. My dad liked his gifts too. Anyway, I love my gifts. It was a good Christmas just the three of us. We saw King Kong (PLUG: GO SEE IT IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY!!!!) Anyway...

So here I am now...by in good ol' L-ville, Ky! I am homesick! I want to go back home! Anyway...all will be better when school starts! Anyway...hopefully I didn't leave anything out! Anyway...I hope to talk to you all soon!

Happy New Year!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tom said...

Welcome back....enjoy the fun now, I hear the semester will keep ya busy again when it starts again.

9:51 PM  
Blogger ckjolly said...

DAWN WISHON ... what are you doing friday night?!!

12:45 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

I am really going to write again someday!

12:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home