Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Praying with intent...

I am praying with the intentions of God having his will and his way in this situation. I have gone around in circles trying to figure out what to do. I know that the Lord knows the outcome so I am just trusting him to guide me down a road that has an unknown (to me) end. I have been going around in circles with possibilities. Part of me wants to write an email (because to say it in person would be to embarassing and to write a letter would take to long) but write an email and say "Hey,you! Guy I really like! I am trying to plan the rest of my life! Are you in or out? Are you game? Til death do us part? Same nursing home? eh eh? Sounds good huh? Let's do it! By the way...you are at least a little interested in me right?" That would be my impatience speaking out LOUD AND CLEAR! However...that is not how that game is going to be played!!!! However...I would like to know a little bit about where we stand...how do I do that without saying "hey are we on the same page...or are you in the table of contents and I'm stuck back here in the index?" Anyway...again reminding myself that God knows where I am, and God knows where he is and that's all that matters. If we end up on the same page GREAT! If not, well such is the plan of Lord and blessed be his name! He knows what is best. I need to rest in that. I know he loves me and will do what pleases him and I will be satisfied with whatever he brings to pass....Blessed be the name of the Lord, My Savior, Jesus Christ.

1 Comments:

Blogger ckjolly said...

amen! no matter how tempted you may be DON'T be the one to bring up the status of your relationship! I cannot tell you HOW appreciative it will make you feel when he's the one who does it. Even if it doesn't turn out the way you wanted it. It shows that he has taken the time to think it through ... and hopefully has prayed about it. Then you never have the fear of ... did you pressure him into it by bringing it up?

And once he has said his peace, you don't have to go into detail about how many months you have pined after him. It won't matter really. You know how he feels ... he loves you ... can't live without you ... or ... he's never appreciated anyone's friendship more than he appreciates yours and despite his not loving you would leap over skyscrapers in order to keep your friendship ... and if you can live with any of those answers, let him know that you accept his offer of pursual or friendship.

(that way there's a bit of mystery to you if you don't spill your heart to him all at once ... if it does work out between the two of you, it will give you the chance to reveal your secret slowly to him making him even more madly in love with you when he finds out how you've been praying for him all this time. but if it's friendship he desires ... there's no reason for him to know. it would be best for the both of you to keep it to yourself.)

that's my 32 cents anyway.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home