Monday, February 13, 2006

Can I be bitter for a day?

Can I just say I HATE V-Day? I was just at the grocery store and all these guys were getting roses for their special someone...and here I am THE ONLY GIRL in line buying CARNATIONS for my ROOMATES!!! (Not that I didn't take all the joy in the world in doing it...) I just HATE V-Day! Would I like it if I were dating someone? I don't know...if I were dating someone I don't think I would believe them that they were diong something...I don't think it would be real to me and I don't think that I would take them seriously the first few times!!! (After a while I would probably get used to it, but I think V-Day would be a complete JOKE the first few times)

So tomorrow I will go to class and try to act normal...however the Boyce Bridal College will be INFESTED with cute couples and girls with roses and probably engagement ring AHOY! I will come home tomorrow with NO ROSES...NO RING...and most definitly NO BOYFRIEND...what a sad day! Wednesday will be glorious...I will have 364 days until I have to face this evil holiday again...

So here I sit listening to Christmas music, trying to focus on a holiday that isn't so exclusive...Christmas is for everyone who wants to participate. I'll focus on that for the next 30 hours or so...

4 Comments:

Blogger ckjolly said...

you should make up your own alter-holiday for tomorrow. i'm going to. i refuse to wallow in hatred any day of the year.

7:01 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Yeah I have never liked this day either, but for some reason God wants me to not get hateful as I normally do....think of it this way, there wil be many sinning tonight, and some of us will not be. Actually that's a good thoguhts to drive to prayer in thankfulness. Don't hate the day, as like anyother day there is life, there is joy, there is God. I think Christine has a great idea, make today an alter-holiday.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Dawn said...

No need to get serious youi guys...I just don't like the holiday! GEEZ!!! Sometimes things can just be funny...I just pretended to day was Christmas remember?

4:22 PM  
Blogger ckjolly said...

totally Kristy!!! anyway ... Spargel Appreciation Day was a great success! It will forever be etched in the memories of countless (okay ... maybe more like "handfuls") of Southern Seminary students for years to come.

11:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home